Sky Walk is proud to be authorized under Federal law to enroll non-immigrant foreign students. We can now issue M-1 student Visa's for international students wishing to train with Sky Walk in Sacramento, California, USA. If you are interested in this opportunity, please review all the instructions below, and then download our registration application to begin M-1 VISA approval.
Once you fill out the form, either Fax or mail the form to Sky Walk. Address and Fax number are provided on the form. Once your application is reviewed and processed, you will be notified on how to process your required deposit. Once your deposit is received, you will receive your I-20 Form and student acceptance letter.
Foreign Student Considerations
Please note that any foreigner to the U.S. who wishes to participate in any type of training in the U.S. must enter the U.S. with a Student Visa. There is only one method of acquiring a U.S. Student Visa:
- A U.S. school, which has been granted approval by the U.S. Immigration & Naturalization Service to issue Student Visas, must fill out the appropriate forms and issue them to the prospective students. (Sky Walk, Inc. Flight Training Academy has the Student Visa authorization and can issue I-20 Forms for M-1 Student Visas.)
- Upon completion of acceptance and enrollment requirements, the U.S. school sends the prospective student the required forms, duly completed, with full instructions. Sky Walk, Inc. Flight Training Academy will do this within 48 hours of receipt of all the following required items:
- Completed Sky Walk, Inc. Flight Training Academy Registration & I-20 Information Forms.
- A copy of passport page with picture, passport number and expiration date.
- An affidavit of financial resources which indicates the student has personal or family funds in sufficient amount to cover the cost of training and living while in the U.S.
- Enrollment and Registration fees. The enrollment and registration fee is $500.00 ($100.00 of this fee is non-refundable if you do not get the visa). An additional $1,500.00 deposit for classes/training materials is also required; total $2,000.00 before the I-20 Form can be sent (see payment instruction).
- Complete the form I-901 online, and be sure to print your online receipt for confirmation. The cost for this will be $200. Later you will receive your official receipt of payment in the mail. You must complete this step prior to scheduling your interview appointment. Important - the information you enter on the Form I-901 must match exactly as you entered on the Form I-20.
- Fill out application for a background check online. The application processing fee for each course is $130. The name on the credit card used must match the name on the application.
- The prospective student must go to the U.S. Embassy with the appropriate documents for a routine interview. Appropriate documents include: Form I-20; Passport; Financial Statements; Receipt for payment of Form I-901. The student will be notified as to whether they have been approved or disapproved. If all is in order, the U.S. Embassy will provide the student with a M-1 Student Visa, permitting the student to enter the U.S.
- After receiving an M-1 visa, the student is responsible for providing Sky Walk with the details of his/her travel arrangements. This includes arrival time at Sacramento International Airport. Upon request, Sky Walk will provide a pick up service from the airport.
- All International Students must purchase a "Medical/Accident" Insurance Policy prior to arriving in the U.S., for the length of time they are in flight training at Sky Walk.
You must send us an application form at least 45 days prior to your class starting date. Upon receiving a notice of your deposit to our account, we will send you an acceptance letter and the I-20 form for you to bring it to the U.S. Embassy in your country. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call us at (916) 391-1957.
Once you are here, you can use your credit card (VISA, Master Card, Diners Club, American Express, and JCB), Travelers checks, and/or Cash to pay for any additional costs.
We hope to see you soon!
Gen Hakamata, President
Sky Walk, Inc.
Download the Registration Application
The registration application is in Microsoft Word Document format.
Download the registration application.